Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My 'Austin Bucket List'

“We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started... and know the place for the first time.”

One of the main takeaways from my trip to Spain was how cool it was to allow myself to just explore a new place with no agenda, rules or schedule. I found so many amazing places and met so many amazing people this way that I got to thinking my last night there while talking to Kyle that I never really allowed myself to live like that in Austin. I have always been someone who likes to stick to the same routine, with the same people and fully live within what I 'know'. It really hit me that I live in an one of the best cities and I barely know anything about it....

So...with the help of a good friend who had a similar experience as me a few years ago, I am creating my own list of 'cant miss' places and events to take in. Starting with a nice hike yesterday after work around Bull Creek...



Carrying over to this weekend where I am spending Saturday on the lake and spending Sunday with a group of friends here at Sculpture Falls:



• Hike Wild Basin (it's off of 360- a mile or 3 north of Bee Caves road.)
• Green Belt swimming
o Sculpture Falls
o Twin Falls
o Campbell's Hole
• Blues on the Green
• Unplugged at the Grove
• Take Belle swimming to the Red Bud Isle dog park
• Visit all local breweries
• Attend Eeyore's Birthday
• REK at Gruene Hall

"IN"

I'll be sure to update everyone on my volunteer work tomorrow evening as I am spending my time mentoring underprivileged children in east Austin to try and help provide strong, male role models in their lives. From what I have heard, I think I will really enjoy this opportunity.

Lastly, Troy's birthday is this Saturday, please keep Wayne, Susan, Sara and Chris in your thoughts and prayers. I plan on visiting his grave Saturday morning and will send some good thoughts upwards for everyone!

Love,

Justin

1 comment:

  1. I too have always wanted to go to Eeyore's Birthday- let me know when it is!

    ReplyDelete