Monday, April 26, 2010

Love life and life will love you back

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”

Had my first hospice visit on Saturday and needless to say it was pretty tough. I am a pretty strong person, but I caught myself getting choked up a few times. On the ride back it really hit me how precious our lives really are. I thought about the patient, losing my best friend and my grandfather who is in bad health and it became a little overwhelming. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am very blessed to have all the relationships I do with my friends and family. I hope you all know how much I love you and care about the lives we have built together. I am pretty good at telling y’all just how much you mean to me, but I wanted you to hear it again. My patient had a wall full of amazing pictures from her life and I know she is as blessed as I am; through it all, I am a lucky man….

I also had a BBQ Saturday night (The 1st Annual Justin Manning Freedom Festival) which was a resounding success. My house really works well for a get together like that. Amazing friends make for an awesome time, thanks to everyone who came out. As if that wasn’t enough, I spent all of Sunday on the lake with friends. Old Justin would have went to the baseball game, but new Justin decided to go meet new people on the lake and it was 100% worth it.

This week it is back to the gym, hiking the greenbelt and working hard!

All my love,

Justin

1 comment:

  1. Aw Justin, we love you too!!! Let us know when you go hiking the greenbelt... I want to go! -Tiff

    ReplyDelete