Friday, April 9, 2010

Barcelona bound!

"Your heart�s on the loose
You rolled them seven�s with nothing lose
And this ain�t no place for the weary kind..."

Greetings from New York City! I am about two hours away from boarding my flight. Surrounded by a bunch of people who don't speak any English, this will be interesting! We have two nights at a Barcelona hostel booked for Sat/Sun. From what I can tell it looks to be in a really cool part of the city and plus I hear those are great ways to meet people. True to word, all I packed was a backpack and nothing else (besides a sweet satchel for my digital camera, thanks Ted!). Super excited and nervous. The nerves stem from my first true venture outside of my comfort zone.

To all my friends in family in Mexico, keep smiling and have a blast. Don't waste any sad thoughts on me, I'm doing ok! I love y'all and can't wait to tell you all about my trip as well as hear about yours.

I'll leave with a line from a book by Michael J Fox "Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist."

Upon seeing himself in the mirror (with severe Parkinsons) "I would ask the obvious question, 'what are you smiling about?,' but I already know the answer: "It just gets better from here."

All my love!

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment