Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back in the good ole USA

Sitting on the plane flying over Nova Scotia right now making my way back to NYC then to Austin. I'm pretty wiped out from the past 8 days to say the least! I land tonight in Austin, wash clothes and pack tomorrow for an 8am flight to San Francisco for four days... I'm excited, it will be great to get back into the work swing of things!

Yesterday was my last day in Barcelona, I suppose it would be hard for me to verbalize all the emotions I feel right now. Kyle and I walked around the city all day yesterday with a stop at the beach in between. Tough day! One thing that stood out for me was when the day was winding down we went deep into the Gothic barrio and found one of the most amazing restaurants I've ever been to. Authentic Tapas, great Spanish wine and 3 hours of amazing conversation later all I could keep saying was "my cup runneth over." We get lost in a small Spanish courtyard and end up having one of the best nights of my life. How's that for a metaphor which describes my life! One thing that really struck me that Kyle said was when he brought up how he was sad for me for a period of about five minutes when he heard the news and then it hit him that he didn't need to be sad because he knows me and "she got off the train...". I think I almost teared up. My cup runneth over indeed....

Thanks to everyone for the emails, comments here and facebook messages. Know that I could feel the love and support halfway around the world and that means so much to me.

I will try and get pictures up ASAP!

All my love from 35,000 feet in the air on my way home to the people I care about!

- Justin

P.s. A special thanks to Kyle Clift for dropping everything and meeting me in Spain for seven amazing days. It takes a truly amazing person to do that and I will be forever indebted to you my friend. It felt good to lean on you for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome- I'm very happy for you buddy... smiles all around.

    ReplyDelete