Friday, March 19, 2010

"Most people can look back over the years and identify a time and place at which their lives changed significantly. Whether by accident or design, these are the moments when, because of a readiness within us and a collaboration with events occurring around us, we are forced to seriously reappraise ourselves and the conditions under which we live and to make certain choices that will affect the rest of our lives."

A ton of exciting opportunities on the horizon that I would be happy to discuss with y'all and probably will because if you are reading this chances are you play a significant role in my life and I value your opinions, thoughts and experiences.

Right now, I seem to be in limbo, stuck desperately wanting to move forward, but very much mired in the little things that I still have to somehow clean up from what went wrong. It's crazy how swinging by a place that was your home a week ago to get a coat can trigger such a wave of emotion and seemingly throw you right back into a place you refuse to let yourself go. No one said this would be easy I suppose.

In moments like these you want to make your situation the cataclysmic event of world history because it feels so consuming...One thing that has helped me is to take a step back, look at the lives of my friends and families. I can always point out moments in their lives where their situation must of felt as sad and overwhelming as mine. From there I look at how amazing their lives have turned out in the present tense and feel a great deal of motivation and a sense of duty to keep my head up and push through this until I get to the good point I know is waiting for me.

Looking forward to a great weekend of hanging out with my friends, watching Texas baseball and taking steps forward.

Cheers,

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment