Friday, December 10, 2010

Am happy...

Hello to anyone who is still out there...I am writing this really for myself more than anything at this point.

I officially closed on the re-finance of my house a few minutes ago as the sole owner!!!!! Words really can't describe how I feel right now. I am so amazingly happy with how things in my life have turned out. Looking back, I feel so truly blessed to have gone through the tough times that I did because so much good has come out of it.

On March 19th, I wrote the following:

"Right now, I seem to be in limbo, stuck desperately wanting to move forward, but very much mired in the little things that I still have to somehow clean up from what went wrong. It's crazy how swinging by a place that was your home a week ago to get a coat can trigger such a wave of emotion and seemingly throw you right back into a place you refuse to let yourself go. No one said this would be easy I suppose.

In moments like these you want to make your situation the cataclysmic event of world history because it feels so consuming...One thing that has helped me is to take a step back, look at the lives of my friends and families. I can always point out moments in their lives where their situation must of felt as sad and overwhelming as mine. From there I look at how amazing their lives have turned out in the present tense and feel a great deal of motivation and a sense of duty to keep my head up and push through this until I get to the good point I know is waiting for me."

I'm at that good point and so amazingly lucky....

"It's been a brilliant journey of self-awakening."


Thanks to everyone out there for the thoughts, kind words of encouragement and friendship; I love you all.

Justin

2 comments: